mpop: News archive
- 2005-08-15: mpop 0.8.2 is released!
This release fixes some minor glitches.
Please note: Previous versions of mpop carried the additional note that
"compiling, linking, and/or using OpenSSL is allowed". This is no longer the case,
because mpop uses gnulib modules
that are released under the GNU GPL, and the note above does not apply to these modules.
It is still OK to download the mpop sources and build binaries that are linked against OpenSSL,
but it may be problematic to distribute those binaries (I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not sure
If you want to avoid the OpenSSL licensing problems, consider using
GnuTLS. It's the default anyway.
- 2005-07-10: mpop 0.8.1 is released!
This release fixes an annoying bug: mpop will no longer leave stale messages
on the server. Some minor other improvements were made.
- 2005-07-04: mpop 0.8.0 is released!
- Fixed handling of POP3 servers that do not support pipelining.
- Enable or disable pipelining automatically for modern servers.
- Replaced the connection timeout with a more general network timeout.
- Always remember successfully delivered mails and never retrieve them
a second time. This also works in case of errors or program termination
through user interaction or the SIGTERM signal.
- Removed the now obsolete only_new command.
- 2005-06-17: mpop 0.7.0 is released!
This release adds native language support (NLS). Currently the only supported language
besides english is german, but it is easy to add more translations (hint, hint)!
Other changes: Much of the code has been reworked to clean it up and simplify it.
A Received header is prepended to every delivered mail. The pipeline_min and
pipeline_max values are not configurable anymore, they are compile time constants now.
- 2005-05-29: mpop 0.6.3 is released!
- Fixed a bug that broke GnuTLS support. Reported and fixed by Jesse Michael for msmtp.
- Maildir delivery now uses better unique filenames.
- 2005-05-03: mpop 0.6.2 is released!
- Delivery to maildir folders is now possible. Example:
delivery maildir ~/Mail/incoming
- Filter scripts can now use the envelope from address and the size of a mail.
filter ~/bin/my-pop3-filter.sh --from=%F --size=%S
- 2005-04-01: mpop 0.6.1 is released!
This hotfix release fixes the following bug:
If TLS is not used and a mail with a line longer than 1023 characters is read,
a null character was wrongly inserted into that line.
- 2005-03-31: mpop 0.6.0 is released!
This release supports multiple delivery methods:
APOP authentication works again. Several other bug fixes and improvements
- mda: Pipe the mail to an mda. This method can now replace %F in the
mda command with the envelope from address of the mail.
- mbox: Deliver to a file in mbox format.
- simple_mbox: Deliver to a file in mbox format, but don't care about
envelope from addresses.
A minor change to existing configuration files is necessary when upgrading
from 0.5.0; see the file NEWS for details.
Some further performance improvements were made.
Many thanks to Dimitrios Apostolou for his contributions to this version!
- 2005-03-15: mpop 0.5.0 is released!
This release allows much faster POP3 sessions by using a network efficient
POP3 implementation. Many thanks to Dimitrios Apostolou!
Also new are .netrc support and several other minor improvements.