mpop is a POP3 client: it retrieves mail from POP3 mailboxes.
- Header based mail filtering: filter junk mail before downloading it.
- Delivery to mbox files, maildir folders, or a mail delivery agent (MDA). Delivery with SMTP is possible by using an appropriate MDA, for example msmtp.
- Fast POP3 implementation using command pipelining.
- TLS/SSL support, including client certificates.
- Authentication methods USER/PASS, APOP, PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, EXTERNAL, GSSAPI, SCRAM-SHA-1, DIGEST-MD5, and NTLM.
- IPv6 support.
- Support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- Support for multiple POP3 accounts.
mpop is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.